Make it Child Safe
IN ACCORDANCE WITH EN16434:2014. EN16433:2014, EN13120:2009+A12014
The home can harbour many dangers for children but not many people realize that window blinds and curtain cords can be dangerous or even fatal for babies and young children
All blinds supplied & Fitted By Starblinds conform to safety regulations. Safety devices are supplied with all products and if not fitted may adversely affect the operation of the window blind and protection from strangulation. All safety devices supplied by Starblinds conform to standards.
Our products that have cords and chains come with child-safety devices. These devices may have breakaway tassels, consolidators, or clips that snap under pressure. The child-safety devices must be attached to the wall or the window to a height of at least 1.5 meters from the floor.
- Our chain operated Roller blinds, Z-lites/Duo & Romans are provided with a cleat.
- Our Venetian blinds are provided with a breakaway cord consolidator and a cleat to wrap the excess cord around.
- Our Vertical blinds are wand operated.
In order for Starblinds to provide the correct child safety device for each product the following instructions must be followed:
When measuring blinds three measurements must be taken:
- Exact width of the blind,
- Exact drop of the blind
- For child safety, the installation height is regarded as the most important measurement. The installation height is the height at which the blind is to be installed from the ground/Floor level as all cords should be 1.5 meters from the ground/Floor level.
Starblinds cannot be held liable for incorrect installation height provided by the buyer
The safety devices must be fitted in accordance with the latest European regulations. It is a mandatory step.
There is a range of innovative blinds that are child safe
Safety Tips for window blinds
All blinds incorporating looped mechanism in their design can be dangerous were young children are concerned.
Plenty of Choice
You can make all your blinds children-safe
If you have existing blinds with chains or cords, you can make them safe for children by ordering the right hook or cleat.
The manufacturer or installer can not be held responsible for any misuse of the product or if the operating instructions or warnings are not adhered too.
Persons in charge of children are ultimately responsible for following the safety instructions provided.